Cummins Inc. PRODUCT SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEERING PRODUCT SPECIALIST - Battery Storage 电池储能产品开发技术专家 in Wuhan, China
PRODUCT SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEERING PRODUCT SPECIALIST - Battery Storage 电池储能产品开发技术专家
This product focused position applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and design practices to create optimized design concepts and mechanical design specifications considering application, cost, weight, performance, reliability, durability, manufacturing, assembly, and serviceability. This role effectively communicates the capability of a design concept to meet cross-functional requirements including assessment of alternative and competitive design concepts, and works effectively across cross-functional disciplines to develop corporate and customer requirements including those required to resolve product issues.
Obtains input and leads the negotiation with cross-functional and cross-discipline technical experts and senior-level designers to communicate the component and subsystem design intent through a thorough Design Review package to the Product Preceding Technology, (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI), or Value Package Change Request (VPCR) team requiring a such holistic assessment of various design concepts.
Leads the design decision making in the areas of component and subsystem design concept selection, concept optimization, and design specifications that impact customers targeted to be served by a given Product Preceding Technology, (PPT), Value Package Introduction (VPI), or Value Package Change Request (VPCR) initiative.
Applies and leads the execution of processes such as Critical Design Decisions, System Design and Validation Consideration Checklist, Design Review and tools such as iDFMEA, DVA, GD&T, CREO, ANSYS Workbench required to enable high quality subsystem-level design decision making and design refinement.
Provides independent leadership of smaller business impact projects or ownership of complex components, products, systems or services with greater elements of ambiguity over the senior or lead engineer level and with full accountability to the project team.
Delivers independent execution of established and emerging work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge.
Leads the development and improvement of work processes and systems across a functional discipline area within a business unit site.
Coordinates and directs work amongst technicians and temporary student employees, assists in the transfer of knowledge to lesser experienced engineers through either indirect (scope of influence) or direct management of a small, local group of engineers.
Provides support and guidance to influence technical direction within a project team and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
Operates as a recognized specialist in a discipline or product area within the immediate team.
Cross-Functional Design Integration - Translates the value package requirements that include the voices of many stakeholders into virtual designs, and communicates the capability of the design through an approved cross-functional design review.
Mechanical Design Modeling and Analysis - Creates Computer Aided Design models in accordance with Cummins' standards to represent architectural or product level system design concepts, and to enable completion of various system-level computer analyses such as Dimensional Variation Analysis and Finite Element Analysis.
Mechanical Design of Mechanical Systems - Acquires and applies an in-depth understanding of mechanical systems through working knowledge that guides a designer’s ability to create innovative and sound design concepts to meet Cummins and customer expectations; designs for requirements of all lifecycle stages by considering the customer requirements in different operating environments to ensure a robust system.
Product Function Modeling, Simulation and Analysis - Impacts product design decisions through the utilization and/or interpretation of computational tools and methods that predict the capability of a product's function relative to its system, sub-system and/or component level requirements.
Product Platform Planning and Architecting - Creates and develops a holistic product platform including key architectural feature and function variants needed to align with market level product plans of future target markets; generates alternative architectures traceable to the requirements and performs trade-off analysis in collaboration with life-cycle stakeholders to ensure a balanced and optimum platform; communicates and maintains traceable information and plans executed by product development teams.
Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
System Requirements Engineering - Uses appropriate methods and tools to translate stakeholder needs into verifiable requirements to which designs are developed; establishes acceptance criteria for the system of interest through analysis, allocation and negotiation; tracks the status of requirements throughout the system lifecycle; assesses the impact of changes to system requirements on project scope, schedule, and resources; creates and maintains information linkages to related artifacts.
Builds networks - Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
College, university, or equivalent Bachelor's degree in Engineering or appropriate STEM field is required.
Post-graduate (Master's) degree relevant to this discipline area may be required for select roles.
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
- Prior Senior or Lead Engineer equivalent work experience in a relevant discipline area is required with a demonstrated track record of technical problem solving and quality decision making. Knowledge of MS Office and CREO tools is preferred.
- Provide technical support for system equipment according to the construction needs of the energy storage project operation department of the energy storage power station:
(1) Responsible for the technical support of the system equipment of the energy storage project, including the preparation of technical bids, technical agreements, and review of technical solutions
(2) Responsible for managing energy storage system equipment suppliers/integrators, supervising suppliers/integrators to develop standardized and customized products, and performing equipment commissioning and acceptance;
(3) Collect cutting-edge technology trends such as professional equipment and system integration of energy storage systems, and provide technical solutions for optimizing and improving energy storage systems;
(4) Assist the project development team in preparing the feasibility study report;
- Summarize and share the project operation experience of the energy storage power station operation department:
(1) Responsible for the preparation of iterative update technical solutions for energy storage products;
(2) Responsible for producing courseware tutorials related to energy storage system technology, summarizing and sharing technical research results;
- According to the system document plan of the power station engineering department, establish the technical standards for the system equipment of the energy storage power station:
(1) Compile and revise system documents such as technical standards for system equipment, and implement their use;
- Support and collaborate according to internal and external needs:
(1) Participate in the company's internal and external technical exchange activities, provide technical training, technology promotion and other support;
(2) Support and assist in the design, development and sales of the company's products;
(3) Complete other tasks arranged by superiors;
Primary Location China-Hubei-Wuhan-China, Wuhan, CPGC
Job Type Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt - Experienced
Job Posting Jan 28, 2024, 8:09:06 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Power Systems Business
Role Category Hybrid - Potential for Partial Remote
Relocation Package Ineligible
Req ID: 240000HT